Spicy Moroccan Penne
- 1 box Banza Penne
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 medium carrots, chopped into ½ an inch thick medallions
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 14.5 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Handful of parsley, chopped
- Cook pasta according to the package.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat. Add in diced onion, chopped carrots, and minced garlic. Cook for about 7 to 8 minutes until they have softened, onion is translucent and garlic is golden-brown. Add diced tomatoes, cumin, oregano, cayenne, cinnamon, salt, and pepper. Simmer for at least 10 minutes to allow the sauce to infuse with flavors, stirring occasionally.
- Mix in pasta until evenly coated. Top with parsley, and serve.