Sweet Potato Avocado Rice Bowl
This slightly Mexican-inspired bowl is completely vegetarian and packed with protein thanks for the Banza chickpea rice. Make sure to finish your bowl with a squeeze of fresh lime juice to balance out the sweetness of the feta and potatoes.
Cook Time: 45 MINUTES
Serves: 2 to 4 PEOPLE
- 1 bag Banza chickpea rice
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided, plus more for serving
- Salt & pepper
- 4 ounces feta cheese, drained
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup coarsely-chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Finely grated zest of 2 medium limes
- Juice of 2 medium limes, plus more wedges for serving
- 1 medium avocado, pitted and quartered
- Arrange 2 racks to divide the oven into thirds and heat to 425F. Place the sweet potatoes on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the oil, then season with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and several grinds of black pepper. Toss to combine, then arrange into an even layer. Roast on the lower rack until beginning to brown, about 20 minutes.
- Flip the sweet potatoes and push them to one side. Add the pumpkin seeds to the now-empty portion of the baking sheet and crumble the feta into large pieces over the sweet potatoes. Roast until the pumpkin seeds are toasted, the sweet potatoes are golden-brown, and the feta is warmed through, 7 to 10 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, cook Banza rice and strain. Add back to pot and add cilantro, lime zest, lime juice, remaining 1 tablespoon oil, salt and several grinds of black pepper. Toss until evenly coated; set aside.
- For each serving: Transfer 1/4 of the rice and 1/4 of the sweet potato and feta mixture. Sprinkle with 1/4 of the pepitas and top with a piece of the avocado (peel the avocado if eating immediately). Drizzle with more olive oil and season with salt and pepper as needed. Serve with a lime wedge.