Vegan Cashew e Pepe
This vegan Cashew e Pepe is creamy, dreamy, and delicious.
Cook Time: 35 MINUTES
Serves: 2-4 PEOPLE
- 1 box Banza Spaghetti
- ¾ cup raw unsalted cashews
- ½ cup water
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice (about ½ lemon)
- ¾ tsp freshly cracked pepper
- 1 cup spinach, kale or any other green
1. Prepare Ingredients: Place cashews in a medium bowl and cover with boiling water. Let sit for 20 minutes, then drain. Once cashews are almost done soaking, bring a large pot of water to a boil.
2. Make Sauce: In a high-speed blender, combine soaked cashews and ½ cup water. Blend until completely smooth, a few minutes, scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula every now and again. Then add nutritional yeast, lemon juice, pepper and ½ teaspoon salt and blend just until combined. Set sauce aside.
3. Cook Banza: Season boiling water generously with salt. Add Banza and cook according to package directions.
4. Finish Sauce: Add strained Banza back to warm pot, along with spinach and sauce. Stir until pasta is coated, sauce is warmed through and spinach has wilted slightly. Taste and season with salt as desired. Garnish with more fresh cracked pepper, crushed red pepper flakes or Vegan Parmesan!