Vegan Poke Bowl
This simple vegan poke bowl still packs tons of plant-based protein thanks to the Banza chickpea rice!
- 3 medium red beets
- 4 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp finely grated ginger
- pinch fine sea salt
- 1 cup / 250g edamame beans, thawed
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots, shaved into long strands
- 3 Tbsp. nori flakes
- Banza Chickpea Rice
- Preheat oven to 400F. Wrap beets in aluminum foil and place on a baking sheet in the oven. Roast until tender, about 45 minutes. Peel back foil from each beet and let cool slightly.
- While the beets are roasting, make the Banza rice. Drain and rinse well.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, ginger and salt. Slip the skins off the cooled beets. Cut the beets into cubes and toss in the half of the dressing. Let sit for at least 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, shave the carrots into thin, long strips.
- To assemble, divide the rice among the bowls. Add the marinated beets, edamame, carrots and pour lemon ginger dressing over top. Sprinkle with nori flakes.