Vegan Veggie Bowl
Finally, you can have nutritious rice with cauliflower ON TOP of the bowl! Not that cauliflower rice was ever really rice in the first place, right? Add avocado to this bowl if you feel so inclined but it certainly isn't necessary. If you aren't vegan, add some shredded parm to the cauliflower 10 minutes before its done cooking and return it to the oven for a crispy, savory and salty treat!
- 1 bag Banza chickpea rice
- 1 cup torn Kale, massaged
- 1/2 cup roasted butternut squash
- 1/2 cup roasted cauliflower, cut into thin florets
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- Juice of 1/2 lemon, the other half cut into quarters to serve
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Cook Banza rice according to package instructions. Strain, rinse and set aside in a large bowl to cool.
- Toss sweet potato and cauliflower with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast sweet potato & cauliflower on separate sheets pans for 30 mins at 425°F. If one is done before the other, simple remove it from the oven and let it cool while the other continues to cook.
- To serve, add Banza rice in one quadrant on a low sided rice/pasta bowl, kale in the next quadrant, sweet potato in the next and then cauliflower. Top with sunflower seeds, lemon juice, olive oil, and salt to taste. Top with reserved quarter of lemon.