Vegetarian Stuffing with Banza Crust
Is it stuffing? Is it dressing? It’s Banza pizza crusts! This gluten-free stuffing made with Banza is the perfect addition to your Friendsgiving table.
Cook Time: 60 MINUTES
Serves: 4 PEOPLE
- 1 box Banza pizza crusts (2 crusts)
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, divided
- 1 yellow onion, cut into .25” pieces
- 4 stalks celery, cut into .25” pieces
- 2 large carrots, cut into .25” pieces
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into .25” pieces
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp herbs (rosemary, sage, and/or thyme), finely chopped
- Bake Crusts: Preheat oven to 400°F. Unwrap Banza pizza crusts and place directly on middle oven rack. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until light golden. Set aside to cool.
- Saute Vegetables: While crusts bake, heat 4 tbsp butter in a large pan over medium-low heat. When butter is foamy, add onion, celery, carrots and sweet potato. Cook until vegetables are softened but not browned, 10-12 minutes.
- Mix Stuffing: Once crusts have cooled, tear into 1” pieces. In a large bowl combine crusts, sauteed vegetables, vegetable stock, herbs, 1 teaspoon salt and pepper as desired. Gently toss to coat, then transfer to a baking dish. Cube remaining 2 tbsp butter and dot the top of the stuffing.
- Bake Stuffing: Transfer stuffing to the oven, then lower the temperature to 350°F. Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until stuffing is golden brown and warmed through.
Equipment: 9x9in baking dish, or similar