- 1 box Banza Ziti
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 pound summer squash or zucchini, or both - chopped
- 2 ounces Parmesan, grated (about ½ cup), plus more for serving
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup basil leaves, divided (Or any fresh herb you have on hand)
- ¼ cup pine nuts (or walnuts! Or almonds! Or hazelnuts!)
- Bring a big pot of water to a boil and cook pasta until just under al dente (you'll keep cooking it in the sauce later). Set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook garlic, stirring occasionally until very lightly browned around the edges, about 4 minutes. Add squash and increase heat to medium-high; season with salt. Cook, tossing occasionally until squash begins to break down. Turn down heat once it begins sticking, and continue to cook until the squash is jammy and soft, 5 - 10 minutes.
- Transfer pasta to the skillet with squash. Add Parmesan in stages, loosening with water, 1 tbsp at a time, until sauce coats pasta and pasta is fully cooked. Top with lemon juice, fresh basil or other herbs, and pine nuts. Divide pasta among bowls and top with remaining basil.