Beet Poke Bowl
A vegan take on your favorite poke bowl! This recipe still packs tons of protein thanks to the Banza Chickpea rice and edamame. We won't say you won't miss the raw fish at all, but hey, if you're looking for a vegan substitute, want to pack more veggies into your diet, or are looking to expand your vegetable culinary skills beyond roasted broccoli - this is the recipe to take you there!
Cook Time: 60 MINUTES
Serves: 2 to 4 PEOPLE
- 1 bag of Banza Chickpea Rice
- 3 large beets
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce, plus more for serving
- 1 cup pre-cooked edamame
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup pickled ginger
- 2 persian cucumbers, sliced
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Wrap each beet in a piece of aluminum foil and place them on a baking sheet. Bake for 35-50 minutes (depending on the size of the beets) until fork tender. Remove from the oven and run each beet under cold water to cool them off. Using your hands, slip the skins off and set aside the peeled beets.
- Cut the beets into cubes and place in a large bowl. Toss with the scallions, grape-seed oil, vinegar, sesame oil, and soy sauce. Set aside.
- Cook the Banza Chickpea Rice according to the directions on the package.
- To assemble, place the chickpea rice in the bottom of individual bowls or plates. Top with the beets, edamame, carrot, avocado, pickled ginger, cucumbers, and radishes. Garnish with the black sesame seeds and serve with extra soy sauce.