Broccoli Cheddar Elbows
Cook Time: 15 MINUTES
Serves: 2 PEOPLE
- 1 box Banza Elbows
- 1½ cups broccoli florets, cut into .5” pieces
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 1¼ cups sharp yellow cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cook Banza: Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add Banza Elbows and cook according to package directions. In the last 2 minutes of cooking, add broccoli to the pot with pasta. Strain, reserving the pot for the next step.
- Make Sauce: Add heavy cream to the still-warm pot from the pasta. Place over medium-high heat and bring to a simmer. Once simmering, remove from heat and mix in cheese and ½ tsp salt.
- Finish Pasta: Add pasta and broccoli to the pot with cheese sauce and toss gently to coat.
• Turmeric can be added to the sauce base to brighten it up.
• Transfer to a skillet or oven-safe dish and broil for 3-5 minutes for a crispy top layer.
• Add hard herb sprigs (like thyme, rosemary, and sage) and/or grated garlic to the simmering cream for another layer of flavor. Remove herb stems before mixing in the cheese and salt.
• Make it vegan—substitute heavy cream with full fat coconut milk, coconut cream, or cashew cream.