- 1 box Banza Rotini
- 12 oz broccoli florets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- Pinch of chili flakes
- 1 cup chicken or veggie broth
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- 10 cherry tomatoes, divided
- Cook Banza according to package instructions. Strain, rinse and reserve in colander until tomatoes and pesto sauce is ready.
- Steam broccoli florets until tender. Add 2 tbsp olive oil to a skillet over high heat. When hot, add whole cherry tomatoes and cook until deeply charred and beginning to burst. Remove from skillet and reserve.
- Wipe out skillet and add 2 more tbsp olive oil set over medium heat. Add garlic and chili flakes sautéing until fragrant and soft. Add steamed broccoli, salt, pepper, and chicken broth. Cook until broccoli breaks apart and almost melts into the sauce. Continue simmering until a thick sauce is formed. Turn off heat, add cream, ½ cup of parmesan and strained pasta. Mix well, until sauce covers every noodle.
- Plate and garnish with additional parmesan and blistered tomatoes.