Caramelized Shallot & Onion Dip with Banza Crust Dippers
This creamy, dreamy dip is the perfect appetizer.
Cook Time: 35 MINUTES
Serves: 6 PEOPLE
- 1 box Banza pizza crusts (2 crusts)
- 2 yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt
- ¾ cup sour cream
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove, grated on a microplace (or very finely minced)
- Fresh chives, dill or scallions for garnish
- Caramelize Onions & Shallots: Preheat oven to 400°F. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add onion and shallot and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 15 minutes.
- Bake Crusts: While onions caramelize, rub each crust with 1 tsp olive oil and season with salt and pepper as desired. Place directly on the middle oven rack and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until golden. Set aside to cool, then cut into strips for dipping.
- Finish Caramelized Onions & Shallots: After onions have caramelized for 15 minutes, add 1 tbsp water and cook for another 5 minutes, or until dark golden and jammy. Transfer caramelized onions to a cutting board and finely chop.
- Make Dip: Transfer onions to a medium bowl along with Greek yogurt, sour cream, lemon juice, and garlic. Mix well, then and taste and season with salt and pepper as desired. Garnish dip with a glug of olive oil and chives. Serve with Banza pizza crusts for dipping. Enjoy!