- ¾ lb Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 Tlbs. Balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp. brown sugar
- ¾ tsp. salt, divided
- 1 box Banza spaghetti
- 4 slices bacon
- 4 egg yolks
- ¾ grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 375F. Add Brussels spouts to a medium bowl and toss with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, and ¼ tsp. salt. Spread on a large, rimmed baking sheet. Roast until slightly charred and crisp, about 20 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil when Brussels sprouts are about halfway done. Season liberally with salt. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Reserve ½ cup of starchy pasta water.
- Whisk egg yolk, parmesan cheese, cream, remaining salt, and ¼ cup of pasta water together in a small bowl.
- While the pasta cooks, add bacon to a large skillet. Turn the heat on medium and cook until crisp. Remove bacon from pan and leave grease. Roughly chop bacon. Add noodles to the pot and toss in the bacon fat. Remove from heat and add in yolk and cheese mixture. Toss until cheese melts. If needed add remaining pasta water.
- Add roasted Brussels sprouts and bacon back to the spaghetti, toss. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with grated parmesan cheese.