'Creamy' Avocado Pesto
Cook Time: 30 MINUTES
Serves: 2 to 4 PEOPLE
- 1 box Banza Rigatoni
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 large ripe avocado
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons water, plus more if necessary
- sea salt, to taste
- Cook the rigatoni according to package instructions. Strain and rinse noodles until cool.
- Add basil, avocado, garlic, pine nuts and lemon juice to a food processor and pulse for 20 seconds or until pesto is chopped. Add in water and process again until completely smooth. You may need to add more water to get it to a saucy consistency. Transfer to a bowl and add drained pasta.
- Top with fresh basil leaves.