Lemon Butter Angel Hair Piccata with Capers & Parsley
Cook Time: 15 MINUTES
Serves: 2-4 PEOPLE
- 1 box Banza Angel Hair
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 5 tbsp butter
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- ¼ cup capers, drained
- Fresh parsley, roughly chopped, for garnish
- Grated Parmesan, for garnish
- Crushed red pepper flakes, for garnish
- Make Sauce Base: In a small bowl, whisk cornstarch and equal parts cold water (2 tbsp) until smooth. Set aside.
- Cook Banza: Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add Banza Angel Hair and cook according to package directions.
- Brown Butter: Place butter in a large pan over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until butter foams and begins to brown slightly, about 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat. Carefully add juice and zest of 1 lemon, capers, and cornstarch-water mixture. Whisk, off heat, until the sauce thickens slightly.
- Finish Pasta: Add pasta to pan with lemon butter sauce and gently toss to coat. Garnish with parsley, grated Parmesan, chili flakes and more capers.
• Try a different type of chili flake for a twist. Aleppo and chipotle chili flakes would be interesting.
• For a cheese-free option, omit parm or substitute with toasted and crushed hazelnuts.