Pesto + Spinach Lasagna
GOOD FOR: Celebrating your friend's new promotion, teaching your little sibling how to cook, making a Tuesday feel fancy.
- 1 box Banza Lasagna
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 lbs fresh spinach
- 2 cups ricotta
- 1/2 cup basil pesto
- 3 cups (one 24 oz jar) alfredo sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Saut̩ 2 lbs of fresh spinach until wilted. Reserve to a small bowl and mix with ricotta and pesto.
- Spread 1 cup of the alfredo sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 in. baking dish. Top with 4 lasagna noodles, a third of the spinach-ricotta mixture, and a 1/2 cup of the alfredo sauce. Repeat layers twice more (noodle, ricotta, alfredo) and top with any remaining alfredo, 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese, and 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella.
- Cover + bake for 45 minutes. If desired, remove the foil after 40 minutes, turn the oven to broil, and allow the top to bubble and brown for ~5 mins. Keep a close eye on it as it can burn quickly.
TIP: To make this recipe vegan, sub in your favorite vegan cheeses and make a vegan 'alfredo' sauce: saut̩ a chopped clove of garlic in 4 tbsp oil until golden brown, add 4 tbsp GF flour, cook until dry. Add 3 cups of almond milk and whisk until creamy.