Rotini with Creamy Kale & Crispy Walnuts
Cook Time: 30 MINUTES
Serves: 2 to 4 PEOPLE
- 1 box Banza Rotini
- 1 bunch kale, destemmed + chopped
- 1 bunch rosemary, stem removed
- 1 large shallot, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp white wine
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted walnuts
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup pasta cooking water
- Boil a pot of salted water on high. Add Banza, cook until al dente (about 6 mins). Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta cooking water, then drain pasta.
- While pasta cooks, heat oil in a skillet and add rosemary and walnuts. Cook until rosemary is crispy and walnuts are golden-brown. Transfer to paper towel and season with salt + pepper. Wipe out pan.
- In the same pan, heat 2 tbsp olive oil. Add the sliced shallot and chopped garlic. Season with salt and pepper and cook until soft. Add the chopped kale, and red pepper flakes. Cook until kale is slightly wilted. Add white wine and 1/4 cup of pasta water. Cook 1 - 2 mins until kale is wilted. Add the cream and cook, stirring frequently, until thoroughly combined (about 1 minute). Remove from heat, season with salt and pepper.
- Add cooked pasta, butter and other half of the reserved pasta water to the pan with the cooked kale. Heat over medium and stir until pasta is coated with sauce. Remove from heat, plate and garnish with a drizzle of olive oil, fried rosemary and walnuts, and grated parmesan.