Spinach, Ricotta & Tomato Lasagna
Cook Time: 50 MINUTES
Serves: 4-6 PEOPLE
- 1 box Banza Lasagna
- 15oz whole milk ricotta
- 1 tbsp dried Italian herbs
- ½ cup basil, roughly chopped
- 48oz marinara sauce
- 8oz low moisture mozzarella, shredded
- 4oz fresh mozzarella, torn into .25” pieces
- Make Herb Ricotta Mixture: Preheat oven to 425°F. In a small bowl, mix together ricotta, dried herbs, basil and 1 tsp salt until combined.
- Build Lasagna: In baking dish, layer 1 heaping cup marinara sauce, then 4 Banza Lasagna noodles. Top with ½ cup herb ricotta mixture, smoothing out evenly. Repeat layers until all noodles are used/dish is full.
- Bake Lasagna: Gently mix together/smooth the top layer. Be sure to cover all lasagna noodles so that none are showing (this should be very saucy because the lasagna noodles will absorb sauce when cooked). Cover baking dish with aluminum foil and transfer to the oven. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Finish Lasagna: After 30 minutes, remove foil, top lasagna with fresh and low moisture mozzarella, then bake for another 10-15 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and melted. If you want the cheese to be golden, turn the oven on broil for 1-2 minutes, watching carefully as it cooks. Let cool for at least 20 minutes before slicing.
• It’s critical lasagna cools sufficiently to get the ideal cut on each slice!
• Low moisture mozzarella will brown in a nice, light golden layer. The fresh mozzarella will melt more bright white, with a lot of stretch. Both add something different, which is why they’re great together. But if you only have one, it will still be great!
• Because this is a no-boil recipe for the pasta, there is a lot of sauce to ensure the Banza is coated as it cooks through.