Vegan Mac & Cheese
- 1 box Banza Elbows
- 1 Medium Russet Potato, peeled and diced
- 1 Medium Carrot, chopped into coins
- 1/3 cup Cashew Pieces (If you have a nut allergy, the cashews can be replaced with 1/4 cup coconut cream or 1/4 cup of vegan cream cheese)
- 2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tbsp Mellow Miso Paste
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 1/3 cup Water
- Salt, to taste
- Juice of 1/2 a Lemon
- Place the peeled and diced potato and chopped carrots in a medium pot and fill with water. Bring to a boil, and boil for 7 minutes. Add the cashews to the pot of boiling water and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, until the carrot pieces can be easily pierced with a fork.
- Drain the contents of the pot and set aside. Refill the pot with water, add a pinch of salt, and bring to a boil. Pour the box of Banza Elbows into the pot, and cook according to package instructions.
- In the meantime, combine the drained potatoes, carrots, and cashews with the remaining ingredients in a high-speed blender. Process until smooth, then add salt to taste.
- Drain and rinse the Elbows, then return to the pot over low heat. Pour the "cheese" sauce and lemon juice over the pasta, then stir to combine. Once the Mac & Cheese is heated to your liking, serve and enjoy.