Vegan Squash Pizza with Rosemary Tahini
This easy vegan pizza is the perfect winter weeknight dinner.
Cook Time: 30 MINUTES
Serves: 2 PEOPLE
- 1 Banza pizza crust
- 1 cup butternut squash, cut into .5” pieces (or sweet potato
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ cup pecans, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh squeeze lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- Small handful of micro greens, arugula or herbs
1. Prepare Ingredients: Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Saute Aromatics: Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a medium high-sided pan over medium-high heat. When oil is shimmering, add squash and cook until beginning to soften, 6-8 minutes. Add maple syrup, nutmeg and 1 tsp salt and continue to cook until squash is coated and lightly caramelized, 3-5 minutes more. Remove from heat and gently mash half of the squash with a fork.
3. Bake Pizza: Spread butternut squash over pizza crust. Top with pecans. Bake pizza directly on middle oven rack for 10-15 minutes, or until crust is golden.
4. Make Rosemary Tahini: While pizza bakes, in a small bowl combine tahini, rosemary, lemon juice and 2 tbsp water. Whisk until it softens, adding up to 1 more tbsp water as needed. It should be thick but drizzle consistency.
5. Finish Pizza: Top flatbread with greens, rosemary tahini drizzle, and pomegranate seeds.