Beyond Sausage Poblano Queso With Banza Pizza Crust Chips
This queso is perfect for people who prefer to watch their food instead of the big game.
Cook Time: 25 MINUTES
Serves: 6-8 PEOPLE
- 1 box Banza pizza crusts (2 crusts)
- 2 links Beyond Sausage Hot Italian
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 1 small poblano pepper (about ⅓ cup), seeds removed & finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin, divided
- 2 tbsp harissa
- Salsa, hot sauce or fresh cilantro leaves for garnish
- Prepare Ingredients: Preheat airfryer or oven to 400°F. Place cashews in a medium bowl with 1.5 cups hot water and set aside to soak. Remove Banza pizza crusts from freezer to thaw slightly at room temperature.
- Cook Beyond Sausage: Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. When oil is shimmering, add finely chopped poblano. Cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Remove the outer Beyond Sausage casing. Add Beyond Sausage to pan with the peppers. Continue to cook, breaking the sausage into small crumbles about 6-8 minutes, until crisp. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Blend Vegan Queso: In a blender or food processor, combine soaked cashews and water, garlic cloves, nutritional yeast, chili powder, half of cumin (1 tsp), harissa and 1 tsp salt. Blend until smooth. Add more water as needed until desired consistency is reached. If the dip becomes too thin, add a few more cashews. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
- Bake Banza Crust Chips: Cut Banza pizza crust into triangles or strips. In a large bowl, gently toss the crust with 1 tbsp olive oil, remaining cumin (1 tsp) and ½ tsp salt until coated. Air fry the crust for 5-8 minutes, or until golden and crisp. Alternatively, place seasoned crust on a baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Finish Dip: Pour dip into a serving bowl. Stir in Beyond Meat sausage and poblanos. Garnish with a spoon of salsa, a drizzle of hot sauce or fresh cilantro. Serve with seasoned Banza pizza crust chips for dipping. Enjoy!
- We recommend using a high speed blender, as this will give you the creamiest, smoothest queso!
- To kick up the heat, add some cayenne to the blender or finish with a drizzle of hot sauce.