White Cheddar Elbows with Zucchini
- 1 package Banza Mac Elbows + White Cheddar
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1/2 cup assorted summer squash and zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1/4 cup Parmesan, grated
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced basil leaves, divided
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium. Add squash and increase heat to medium high; season with salt. Cook, tossing occasionally, until squash begins to break down. Turn down heat once it begins sticking, and continue to cook until the squash is jammy and soft, 12-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook elbows in a pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until al dente (about 6 mins).
- Prepare cheese sauce by melting butter and adding 1/4 cup of milk along with cheese packet. Transfer pasta, cheese sauce, lemon juice, and 2 tbsp of pasta water to the skillet with zucchini. Slowly add in parmesan and stir well until sauce is thick and coats the pasta. Add basil.
- Divide pasta among bowls and top with more Parmesan and remaining basil.