Alfredo Wheels with Chives
Cook Time: 15 MINUTES
Serves: 2 PEOPLE
- 1 box Banza Wheels
- 8 tbsp (1 stick) butter
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1.5 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups grated Parmesan
- Thinly sliced fresh chives, for garnish
- Cook Banza: Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add Banza Wheels and cook according to package directions.
- Make sauce: While pasta cooks, add butter, garlic and cream to a medium pot over medium-high heat. Simmer until butter is melted and sauce has thickened slightly, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, discard garlic and whisk in Parmesan until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth.
- Finish Pasta: Add pasta and toss gently to coat. Garnish with chives.
• Add a vegetable if you’d like—chop and sauté in butter before adding cream. Zucchini, summer squash, dark leafy greens, and mushrooms would all work well.
• Grate a little bit of nutmeg or cinnamon into the creamy, cheesy sauce for nuance.
• Try frying fresh oregano or sage leaves and using them as a substitute for the chives.