- For the Salad
- 1 box Banza wheels
- 1 ½ lbs tomatoes, chopped and divided
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- 4 oz. mozzarella balls
- ½ avocado
- ½ cup loosely packed fresh basil, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- For the Vinaigrette:
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 clove of garlic, finely minced
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Place half of the cut tomatoes onto a baking tray and drizzle with 1 tbsp of olive oil plus a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Broil on high for 5-7 minutes, or until tender.
- In the meantime, bring a large pot of salty water to a boil, then add in the Banza wheels. Cook for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain but do not rinse.
- Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a large saut̩ pan over medium heat. Once warm, add the drained wheels to the pan and saut̩ for 2-3 minutes, until slightly crispy.
- Add the pasta to a large bowl with the broiled tomatoes, remaining raw tomatoes, red onion, avocado, mozzarella, and fresh basil.
- Whisk all of the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl, then pour over the salad. Mix well and serve!