Cavatappi Cauliflower Bake
Cook Time: 60 MINUTES
Serves: 2 to 4 PEOPLE
- 1 box Banza Cavatappi
- 4 oz Fontina Cheese, grated
- ¾ cup Whole Milk
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 head Cauliflower, chopped into small florets
- 1 Yellow Onion, chopped
- 1 bunch Rosemary, de-stemmed & chopped
- 4 Tbsps Butter
- ⅓ cup gluten-free All-Purpose Flour
- ¼ cup gluten-free breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 475F. Heat a large pot of salted water to boiling on high. Add the pasta to the pot of boiling water and cook 5-6 minutes, or until al dente (still slightly firm to the bite). Reserving 1½ cups of the pasta cooking water, drain thoroughly and transfer to a large bowl. Wipe out the pot.
- While the pasta cooks, in a large, high-sided pan (or pot), heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil on medium-high until hot. Add the cauliflower and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, 2 to 4 minutes, or until lightly browned. Add the onion and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, 2 to 4 minutes, or until softened and fragrant. Add ½ cup of water; cook, stirring occasionally, 7 to 9 minutes, or until the water has cooked off. Add to cooked pasta.
- While the vegetables cook, in the pot used to cook the pasta, heat the butter on medium-high until melted. Add the flour and stirring frequently, 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until thoroughly combined. Slowly whisk in the milk and reserved pasta cooking water; cook, whisking frequently, 2 to 3 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Add ¾ of the Fontina cheese and up to half the rosemary; cook, whisking frequently, 1 to 2 minutes, or until thickened and thoroughly combined.
- Transfer the sauce to the bowl of cooked pasta and vegetables. Toss to thoroughly coat and season with salt and pepper to taste; transfer to a baking dish. Top with Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, remaining Fontina and remaining rosemary.
- Place the assembled pasta in the oven and bake 15 to 17 minutes, or until golden brown on top. Remove from the oven and let stand for at least 3 minutes before serving. Enjoy!