Caprese Gemelli Salad
Cook Time: 30 MINUTES
Serves: 2 to 4 PEOPLE
- 1 box Banza Gemelli
- 1 avocado
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 fresh ear of corn, kernels removed (frozen corn works too!)
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella OR ¼ cup shaved Parmesan (we used both -- you can never have too much cheese)
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- Your fave vinaigrette (we used a lemon shallot with 1 minced shallot, 2 tbsp lemon juice, ½ tsp sea salt, & ¼ cup olive oil)
- Bring at least 8 cups of salted water to a rolling boil. Cook pasta for 7 minutes. Strain pasta and rinse until cold. Set aside.
- Add pasta into the bowl with the dressing. Add halved cherry tomatoes, fresh corn, & cheese of choice. Drizzle with dressing and top with torn basil.