Chickpea Rice Bowl with Carrot-Ginger Dressing
Bright and colorful, this recipe sure packs in the veggies and it certainly doesn't skimp on the protein! Just make sure to use Banza chickpea rice as the base and you'll be on your way to over 26G of protein per serving as long as you use the veggies and peas called for in the recipe.
Cook Time: 30 MINUTES
Serves: 2 to 4 PEOPLE
- 1 box Banza tricolor rice
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame
- 1 cup trimmed and roughly chopped snap peas
- 4 cups chopped red cabbage
- 1 sliced avocado
- 1 small cucumber, very thinly sliced
- Black Sesame Seeds
- Lime wedges
- Carrot-Ginger Dressing
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 large carrots, peeled and roughly chopped (about cup)
- 2 tablespoons peeled and roughly chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- Cook Banza rice according to package instructions. Strain, rinse and set aside in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing by combining all ingredients in a blender, and processing until completely smooth.
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Add frozen edamame and cook for 3 minutes, then add snap peas and cook for an additional 2 minutes. When edamame and snap peas are fork tender and bright green, drain well.
- Divide the rice, edamame, and snap peas among 4 bowls. Add chopped cabbage, cucumber slices and avocado. Drizzle lightly with carrot ginger dressing and place a lime wedge in each bowl. Finish with a generous sprinkle of sesame seeds.