One Pot Creamy Spinach & Artichokes
Cook Time: 15 minutes MINUTES
Serves: 2-4 PEOPLE
- 1 box Banza Elbows
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 5 tbsp all purpose flour, gluten free or regular
- 2.75 cups whole or 2% milk, room temperature
- .5 cup Parmesan, grated
- .5 cup Gruyère, shredded (or white cheddar as substitute)
- 1 cup spinach
- ½ cup marinated artichokes, drained and roughly chopped
- Cook Banza: Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add Banza and cook according to package directions. Strain pasta and set aside, reserving pot for next step.
- Make Sauce: Heat butter and garlic in pot from pasta over medium heat. When butter is melted, add flour. Whisk until flour disappears and clumps, 1-2 minutes. Pour in milk and a pinch of salt. Bring the sauce to a simmer, whisking constantly until it thickens, a few minutes more.
- Finish Pasta: Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan and Gruyère. Add the drained pasta, spinach and artichokes and toss to coat until spinach wilts slightly. Taste and season with salt and fresh cracked pepper.