Gemelli with Broccoli Pesto
- 1 box Banza Gemelli
- 1 head of broccoli (about 8 oz.)
- Kosher salt
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- ½ cup (packed) fresh basil leaves
- ½ cup raw almonds
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Separate broccoli stalk from florets and finely chop florets. Trim woody end of stalk, then peel and finely chop. Cook stalk in a large pot of boiling salted water until bright green, about 3 minutes. Add florets and cook until crisp-tender, about 1 minute more.
- Add pasta to same pot of boiling water and cook until al dente. Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup pasta cooking liquid, and return to pot.
- While pasta cooks, transfer broccoli (reserve a handful of florets) to a food processor and add Parmesan, almonds, basil, oil, and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper, then process until smooth.
- Toss pasta with broccoli pesto, adding more pasta cooking liquid as needed to coat evenly. Toss in reserved broccoli florets and season with salt and pepper.