Gemelli with Broccoli Pesto
Cook Time: 25 MINUTES
Serves: 2 to 4 PEOPLE
- 1 box Banza Gemelli
- 1 head of broccoli (about 8 oz.)
- ½ cup grated Parmesan (or Pecorino)
- ½ cup (packed) fresh basil leaves
- ½ cup raw almonds (or walnuts, or pine nuts, or hazelnuts!)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Separate broccoli stalks from florets. Chop florets, then trim the woody end of stalk, peel and finely chop. Cook stalk in a large pot of boiling salted water until bright green, about 3 minutes. Add florets and cook until crisp-tender, about 1 minute more. Remove and set aside.
- Add pasta to the same pot of boiling water and cook until al dente. Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup pasta cooking liquid, and return to the pot.
- While the pasta is cooking, transfer broccoli (reserve a handful of florets) to a food processor and add Parmesan, almonds, basil, and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, then process until smooth.
- Toss pasta with broccoli pesto, adding more pasta cooking liquid as needed to coat evenly. Top with reserved broccoli florets and season with salt and pepper as needed.