A take on our favorite Sweetgreen bowl, this recipe packs tons of protein thanks to the Banza chickpea rice and hits all the elements of creamy, sweet, and crunchy that you love in the Sweetgreen version. Make it vegan by omitting the goat cheese and substituting ripe avocado.
Cook Time: 40 MINUTES
Serves: 2 to 4 PEOPLE
- 1 bag Banza chickpea rice
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 cup sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 cup mushrooms (shiitake, cremini or a mix)
- 1 handful of basil
- 1 tbsp toasted almonds
- Cook Banza rice according to package instructions. Strain, rinse and set aside in a large bowl to cool.
- Cut sweet potatoes into ݉ thick slivers. Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper and roast at 425˚F for 30 mins.
- In a small nonstick pan, saut̩ mushrooms in 2 tbsps olive oil until golden brown and crispy. Remove from heat and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine Banza rice in a low rimmed bowl. Add sweet potatoes and mushrooms. Pour balsamic vinaigrette over top, add toasted almonds, and fresh basil to top.