Cook Time: 15 MINUTES
Serves: 4 PEOPLE
- 1 box Banza Spaghetti
- 3 cups packed kale (massaged prior)
- 2 small garlic cloves
- 3 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese (plus more for garish)
- _ tsp. salt
- _ cup slivered almonds
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- _ cup olive oil
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Season liberally with salt, it should taste as salty as the sea. Cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve _- _ cup of pasta water.
- Add kale, garlic, parmesan, salt, and almonds to the bottom of food processor. Pulse until pureed, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Add lemon juice. Pulse again.
- With the mixer on, slowly drizzle in olive oil, again scraping down the sides as necessary. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add pesto to hot pasta. Toss until combined. If needed, add a little bit of starchy pasta water to loosen the sauce up.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with parmesan cheese.