Lemon & Spinach Ricotta Spaghetti
Cook Time: 30 MINUTES
Serves: 2 to 4 PEOPLE
- 1 box Banza spaghetti
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- Juice and finely grated zest of 1 medium Meyer lemon (about 3 tablespoons juice, 2 tsp zest)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 5 cups loosely packed baby spinach or coarsely chopped regular spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped, toasted hazelnuts
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and salt generously. Meanwhile, place the ricotta, zest, juice, salt, nutmeg, and a few grind of pepper in a small bowl and whisk to combine; set aside.
- Add the spaghetti to the boiling water and cook until al dente. Reserve about 1/2 cup of the pasta water, then drain the pasta.
- Return the pasta to the pot over low heat. Stir in the ricotta sauce. Add the spinach and toss so that the spinach begins to wilt. Add about half of the reserved pasta water (more if necessary) to keep the sauce loose but not too watery. Continue to cook and toss until the spinach is cooked. Add the hazelnuts and stir to combine. Serve immediately.