Penne with Smashed Tomato Sauce and Mozzarella
Cook Time: 15 MINUTES
Serves: 2 PEOPLE
- 1 box Banza penne
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 pints multi-colored cherry tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 8oz fresh mozzarella ciliegine balls, or small torn pieces
- Small handful of basil leaves, roughly chopped
- Cook Banza: Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add Banza and cook according to package directions.
- Make Sauce: While pasta cooks, heat butter and 3 tbsp olive oil in a medium pot over medium-high heat. Add tomatoes and garlic cloves and cook until tomatoes are blistered and saucy, 8-10 minutes. Using a wooden spoon, smash garlic cloves against the side of the pot once soft.
- Finish Pasta: Remove pot from heat and stir in mozzarella and basil, mixing well so the cheese starts to melt. Taste and season with salt and pepper as desired.
• To easily smash garlic cloves, peel, place your knife flat on top and using the heel of your hand, press down until smashed.