Rotini with Asparagus and Lemon Cashew Cream Sauce
- 1 box Banza Rotini
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4-5 leaves basil, thinly sliced
- Crushed red pepper
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Place asparagus on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender and beginning to brown.
- Prepare pasta according to package. Drain, rinse and set aside in pot you cooked the pasta in.
- While pasta is cooking, blend together soaked cashews, vegetable broth, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and lemon juice in a high-speed blender until smooth.
- When pasta is ready, add sauce to the pot with pasta in it and mix well to coat. Top with basil, red pepper, salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste.