Shawn Mendes' Secret Gluten Free Grandma's Spaghetti Recipe
- Red Sauce
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon red chili flakes (optional)
- 2 (28-ounce) cans whole or diced plum tomatoes
- 2 sprigs basil or 1 bay leaf
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Turkey Meatballs
- 1 lb ground turkey
- ½ cup GF breadcrumbs
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- ½ tsp salt
- To Serve
- 2 boxes Banza spaghetti
- Add all ingredients into a medium pan and bring to a simmer.
- Cook until sauce is thick and most of the tomatoes have fallen apart, ~30 minutes. Mash any tomatoes that are still whole with the back of a spoon.
- Discard bay leaf and reserve until serving.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Mix turkey, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, egg, parsley, and salt together in a large bowl. 3. Form meat mixture with wet hands into balls about 1 1/2 inches in diameter without handling or packing too hard.
- Bake in the preheated oven until browned, about 20 minutes . An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
- Cook Banza according to package instructions. Strain and add to tomato sauce. Plate and top with meatballs and fresh parmesan.