Smoked Trout Melt with Banza Crust
Trout melts are the new tuna melts. And they're best served on a Banza pizza crust.
Cook Time: 20 MINUTES
Serves: 1-2 PEOPLE
- 1 Banza pizza crust
- 1 container Fishwife Smoked Rainbow Trout
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp cornichons or dill pickles, finely chopped
- ½ stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- ¼ cup Munster or cheddar cheese, shredded or 2 slices
- Make Smoked Trout Spread: Set crust out to thaw slightly at room temperature. In a medium bowl, combine smoked trout, mayonnaise, mustard, pickles, celery, dill, ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper as desired. Use a fork to smash until combined.
- Build Panini: Cut Banza crust into 2 large rectangles. Drizzle crust with olive oil, rubbing to fully coat. For a panini, spoon trout spread over one slice of crust, top with cheese and close sandwich with the second crust. For an open-face melt, top each crust with half of smoked trout spread, and half of cheese.
- Cook Panini: For a panini, heat a large non-stick skillet or grill pan over medium-high heat. Add panini and press down gently while it cooks, about 5 minutes per side or until crust is golden. For an open-face melt, place both crusts in the oven under the broiler for 2-3 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Save your Banza crust scraps for breadcrumbs!