Spring Pizza with Asparagus and Herbs
Cook Time: 30 MINUTES
Serves: 2 PEOPLE
- 1 Banza pizza crust
- Small bunch of asparagus (about 6-10 stalks)
- 1 shallot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or finely chopped
- ½ cup white cheddar, shredded
- ½ cup fontina or mozzarella, shredded
- ⅓ cup Parmesan, grated
- A few chives, thinly sliced
- Small handful of fresh basil, roughly chopped
- Prepare Ingredients: Preheat oven to 400° F. Cut any thick asparagus spears in half lengthwise, then cut all asparagus in half crosswise.
- Roast Vegetables: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil for an easy clean up. Place asparagus and shallots on prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil and season with a pinch of salt. Bake for 7-9 minutes, or until they begin to soften. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Top Pizza: While vegetables bake, spread garlic evenly over crust. Top with white cheddar and fontina. Layer asparagus and shallots over top, then finish with a dusting of Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake Pizza: Bake until cheese is melted and crust is light golden, 12-16 minutes. Garnish with chives, basil and a drizzle of olive oil. Enjoy!
A hot honey drizzle post bake will take this za up a notch! Shallot can be replaced with red onion if needed.