Vegan Hawaiian Mac Salad
Part of the traditional Hawaiian Plate Lunch, the Mac Salad acts as a creamy counterpoint to savory, salty main dishes! This version is made with vegan mayonnaise.
Cook Time: 7 MINUTES
Serves: 4-8 PEOPLE
- 1 Box Banza Elbows
- 2 tablespoons grated onion (about 1/4 of a medium onion)
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup baby spinach cut into thin strips
- 1 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons pickle juice
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Cook Pasta: Follow the box directions, strain, rinse with water, and put into a large mixing bowl.
- Mix Ingredients: In the same large bowl, add the remaining ingredients.
- Season: Season with a pinch of salt and pepper and adjust according to taste.
- Chill: Leave covered in the refrigerator for at least an hour to develop more flavor. Ideally leave overnight before serving!