Miso Pesto Gemelli
- 8 oz Banza Chickpea Gemelli
- ¾ cup raw pine nuts
- ¾ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil plus 1 tbsp
- 1 large clove of garlic, or 2 small
- 2 cups fresh basil + stems
- 2 tbsp chickpea miso
- Optional garnishes: cherry tomatoes, juice of one lemon, flaky sea salt, micro greens
- Prepare Banza: Bring at least 8 cups of salted water to a rolling boil. Cook Banza for 9-11 minutes. Strain and rinse under cool water until pasta is cool. Set aside.
- Toast pine nuts: In a skillet on medium-high heat, toast pine nuts until golden, about 3 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Prepare chickpea miso pesto: Add basil, garlic, ½ cup of the toasted pine nuts and chickpea miso to a food processor. Blend and add ¾ cup of olive oil in a thin stream until incorporated. Add salt and pepper to taste and stream in water, 1 tbsp at a time, until the sauce is loose enough to coat each noodle.
- Combine: Add cooked Banza and pesto to cooled skillet and mix until combined. Add in remaining pine nuts and top with optional garnishes: tomatoes, micro greens, flaky sea salt or any other topping of choice. Enjoy!