Rigatoni alla Vodka
Cook Time: 15 MINUTES
Serves: 2 PEOPLE
- 1 box Banza Rigatoni
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 5 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Grated Parmesan, for garnish
- Basil leaves, roughly chopped, for garnish
- Cook Banza: Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add Banza and cook according to package directions.
- Sauté Aromatics: While pasta cooks, place a medium pot over medium heat. Add olive oil and butter. Once butter is melted, add garlic and tomato paste. Cook, whisking until fragrant, 2-3 minutes.
- Make Sauce: Add heavy cream and increase heat to medium-high. Simmer for about 5 minutes, whisking constantly.
- Finish Pasta: Remove sauce from heat and add Banza. Toss gently to coat. Taste and season with salt as desired. Garnish with Parmesan and basil.
- Garlic needs to be grated on a microplane for best sauce consistency.
- Make it vegan—substitute heavy cream with full fat coconut milk, coconut cream, or cashew cream.
- Add dried oregano or chili flakes to the sauce for another layer of flavor and heat.