Rigatoni alla Vodka
Cook Time: 25 MINUTES
Serves: 2-4 PEOPLE
- 1 box Banza Rigatoni
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 5 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Grated Parmesan, for garnish
- Basil leaves, roughly chopped, for garnish
- Cook Banza: Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add Banza and cook according to package directions.
- Saute Aromatics: While pasta cooks, place a medium pot over medium heat. Add olive oil and butter. Once butter is melted, add garlic and tomato paste. Cook, whisking, until fragrant, 2-3 minutes.
- Make Sauce: Add heavy cream and increase heat to medium-high. Simmer for about 5 minutes, whisking constantly.
- Finish Pasta: Remove sauce from heat and add Banza. Toss gently to coat. Taste and season with salt as desired. Garnish with Parmesan and basil.
This recipe tastes the best when the garlic is grated on the small holes of a box grater, or microplane.