Shells Carbonara with Blistered Tomatoes
Cook Time: 20 MINUTES
Serves: 2 PEOPLE
- 1 box Banza shells
- 1 pint multi-colored cherry tomatoes
- 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
- ⅓ cup grated pecorino Romano
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan, plus additional for serving
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- Make Sauce: In a large bowl, whisk together egg, egg yolk, pecorino, Parmesan, a pinch of salt and pepper as desired until smooth. Set aside until Step 5.
- Cook Banza: Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add Banza and cook according to package directions.
- Blister Tomatoes: While pasta cooks, heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. When oil is shimmering, add tomatoes and cook until lightly blistered and softened, about 5 minutes.
- Finish Pasta: Add warm pasta and tomatoes (plus their juices!) to the large bowl with egg mixture. Using tongs, gently toss pasta to coat, until desired sauce creaminess is achieved. Garnish with more Parmesan and fresh cracked pepper.