Spaghetti With Marbled Vodka Sauce
Omg. So. Close. You made it through 99% of the week (Fridays are 1%, let’s be honest).
You deserve a shot of vodka. And this Thursday night recipe calls for just that.
Make it for date night. Or date-with-your-dog night.
Cook Time: 25 minutes MINUTES
Serves: 2-4 PEOPLE
- 1 box Banza Spaghetti
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tbsp vodka
- Parmesan, for garnish
- Basil, for garnish
- Saute Aromatics: Bring a large pot of water to a boil. In a large high-sided pan, heat butter and 3 tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat. When butter is melted, add garlic, crushed red pepper flakes and tomato paste. Cook, whisking constantly, until fragrant, 2-3 minutes.
- Simmer Vodka Sauce: Add 1 cup heavy cream (save reminder for last step), and simmer, still over medium-high heat, until darkened, 4-5 minutes. Then add vodka and cook another 3-4 minutes, until slightly thickened.
- Cook Banza: While sauce simmers, season boiling water generously with salt. Add Banza and cook according to package directions. Reserve ½ cup pasta cooking water.
- Finish Sauce: Transfer pasta and a few tbsp pasta water directly to pan with sauce. Gently toss to coat, waiting a few minutes for sauce to thicken as needed. Taste and season with salt and pepper as desired. Divide among serving bowls, then drizzle over remaining heavy cream. Garnish with Parmesan, more crushed red pepper flakes and/or fresh basil.
Grate your garlic cloves on the small holes of a box grater, or a microplane, instead of finely mincing.