Squash Casserole Pizza
Cook Time: 30 MINUTES
Serves: 2-4 PEOPLE
- 1 Banza frozen pizza crust
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 medium yellow squash, as thinly sliced as possible
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- Preheat: Set your oven to 400°F.
- Prepare your crust: Place 1 frozen pizza crust on a cookie sheet or onto an upside down baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon extra virgin-olive oil, then evenly distribute the cheddar and mozzarella cheeses over top, all the way to the edges. Cover the pizza completely with thinly sliced squash, overlapping it. Season with salt. Drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, then sprinkle 2 tablespoons of parmesan and garlic slices over top.
- Bake the crust: Slide the pizza off of the baking sheet and directly onto the center rack of the oven. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the crust is light golden and the cheese is melted.
- Cool and slice: Allow the pizza to cool for 3 minutes. Scatter the remaining 1 tablespoon parmesan and sliced basil over top, slice and serve!